Wednesday, November 05, 2014

3 Cards, 3 Designs.

Really running late today.
This should have been posted this morning
but we had to go into town  and see about a Contract.
No,no not that kind!!
It's ok you can rest easy you don't need to be looking over your shoulder!
This was to renew our mobile contracts
which every year we have untold hassle with.
The very nice man in the shop assured us it would be
seamless this time.
If not there will be a not so very nice man on the phone
to head office demanding an explanation.
 
Anyway I digress from the matter in hand.
Namely 3 cards to showcase my
Use 3 different design papers with your butterfly/s.
 
First up is this one made with a vintage style to it.
Blue and cream paper is by Melissa Frances 'Classic Elegance'
The dark blue and the pink lacy one from my stash but as they were
snippets I have no names on the back.
The flower is made using Spellbinders Rose Creations die.
Butterfly charm , broken chain, very old lace and pearls also from my stash.
Card design is based on one in Craft Stamper Feb 2013
by Elizabeth Borer called 'Elegance.

Stamp is by Kanban
The Cavendish ladies 'Day At The Races'
I have stamped directly onto the digi paper
which is by Raspberry Road from their  'Home Sweet Home Set.
Coloured with Promarkers very lightly as I wanted the pattern on the paper
to show through and give a sort of sepia look .
Die cut using Xcut 'Rectangle  Parenthis'.
Entering into the following challenges:
Make My Monday # Vintage.
Deep Ocean Challenge #90 Handmade flowers.
Fab 'n' Funky #236 Use 3 different embellishments( lace, pearls, handmade rose).
Vintage Utfordring #90 Use Lace. (Cream lace used  behind flower and charm).
My Time to Craft #265 Charmed I'm sure.
One Crazy Stamper # Anything goes.
Love To Create #140 Girly and lacy.
 
Second card
was inspired by a card in a magazine by Carolyne  Knott.
I have being wanting to make one of these envelope style  cards
for ages.
These 3 papers are all by Jennifer Ellory 2013
free in  quick cards magazine.
I have layere4d up using plain pink and green card stock.
envelope was created from a sheet of white card stock
and triangles cut away and folded over each other to create a pocket.
Tab  card pulls right out to add message on the back
and then pushes back inside.
Ribbon from my stash. 
 
Pansy picture , sentiment and butterfly topper
also from my stash and had been freebies at some time
in magazines.
Entering into the following challenges:
Squigglefly Challenge #144 Use patterned paper.
Fantastic Tuesday #60 anything goes/twist add one Butterfly.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #53 Anything goes with layers.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #149 Use up your snippets. (odds of ribbon).
 
Third Card
 which surprised me as being my favourite.
The colour combinations are really striking.
Burnt Siena card stock as my base.
Blue card stock cut into 3 panels
and matted using 3 different design  papers.
Top and bottom papers
'The Simply British Collection'
free in Homemade magazine.
Middle paper unknown
but another magazine freebie in my stash.
The picture is from the ' Florals and Flutters collection
free in making cards.
(This is why I never have to buy paper packs these freebies in magazines
and digi paper downloads keep me going. )
I fussy cut an extra butterfly and added blue spotty ribbon.
I hope I have inspired you to join in the challenge
which runs for the next 2 weeks.
 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Through The Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Papertake Weekly # Anythin goes.
Sister Act #81 Anything goes.
Brown Sugar #118 Anything goes.



29 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your vintage and the pretty background paper. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Squigglefly challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Holly Young said...

such lovely cards! Each one prettier than the last! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I Especially love the 2nd card you have shared-- the fold and the paper is so gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Karen Day said...

Wow! Three lovely cards, and all so different! I love the vintage glam style of the first one :o) Thanks for joining our November challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Polly Birchall said...

You're a busy be. I love your last one too.

Di said...

Three beauties there Mrs A! I think the third one is my fave too, closely followed by the middle one 'cos I love that fold.

So delighted to see you only want us to use three designer papers on our butterfly cards this fortnight - sigh :( I'll be there, never fear though!!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda in IN said...

I love the vintage look of the lady at day at the races. Her hat and sweater are gorgeous. What a wonderful stamp. Your card is so pretty with all the details you added. Your envelope card is charming and I love the pansy. Your third one is so pretty. You are so good at finding these great papers and combining them.

Sandra H said...

Amazing makes Mrs A l thought l'd left a comment here before not seeing it now where oh where did it go....lol l like the vintage card lots and and the 2nd card the layout and colours used 3rd card is equally as beautiful you really have been busy xx

Pat said...

Lovely cards, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Carol said...

Three beautiful cards Mrs A. Carol x

Jacee said...

Very pretty cards, lovely designs
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Natalie said...

lovely cards! I love the butterfly :)
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog your project is awesome....hope you stop by and play with us again
<((><

Crafty and Green said...

All of your cards are so pretty!! Your Girly and Lacy card is great!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create: Girly & Lacy Challenge! Can't wait to see what you'll create next time!!

Many Blessings,
Tina
LTC DT

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant cards and loving this image and the design of your card....fab colours too..
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Crafting with Darcy said...

I love all your cards but the second one is my fav!! Gorgeous, all of them! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Hugs
Darcy

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 53 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - thank you also for entering this for my Patterned Paper November challenge. x

Hettie said...

Snot fair. Just as I get a card done for your challenge you go and change it! Can you not wait for me?
Lovely idea for cards. Not sure that flutterbies go with Christmas paper which is what is on my desk right now!
Hugs
xx

Greta said...

Gorgeous papers made into beautiful cards, Mrs. A!

MaryH said...

Valerie, I was oohing with each card. You've done spectacular work with these lovely butterflies. Each is a treasure. I'll have to 'fess up, #1 grabbed my heart as it was so vintage in theme..love that lace and the gentlelady with all her little dainties. Of course the envelope card intrigued me, as I'm fold challenged. So that was most impressive & with all the pretty colors and embellies. #3 just sparkles with color and I spotted the tiny hummer getting his nectar, another of my loves. TFS such a trio of lovely work. Hope the mobile people had their act together this time. Had to laugh...I think that must be a universal problem with all mobile companies!!! Big Hugs & Happy wkend.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A, love the first one. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Maarit

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Beautiful cards or not, you can't leave me hanging like that. Did the Doc tear strips off anyone or not?! Oof! xx

Donna said...

Stunning cards Mrs A, love the vintage design on the frst two, they're both so very elegant but its the 2nd one thats my absolute fav...love the envelope design and the gorgeously pretty papers. I hope you managed to sort out your mobile phone contracts :) Donna ♥ x

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for joining our "Girly & Lacy" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Karen said...

Lovely card,thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge

Shari said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the challenge.

Åsalill said...

What a beautiful card. I love the soft colors and the decorations.
Thank you so much for joining us at Vintage utfordring ♥
Hugs Åsalill

Lizzidroege said...

lovely...lizzi .vc

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Gorgeous! The third one is really eye catching x